Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltysenior

searched but came up empty.........is there something simple[like an antenna ] ,that would increase the coverage area of my cell phone???:confused:

i just need it to work where i am at the time ..this is a mobile unit, and as i travel i'd like the best coverage ......

It's for the posters that are vague in their requests.

Cell phone antenna boosters are most a scam, you could try to find a repeater
**broken link removed**
But they only boost reception a very short range (ie a building or two) and may be somewhat more than you may want to spend.
SPOTWAVE® | Cell Phone Signal Boosters and Indoor Wireless Coverage Systems

**broken link removed**
The zboost is $350 and the range is very short.
Not all cell phones will be equal in range so asking the folks in #25 what they use if they get reception at all will give you an idea what to buy.

My local computer man gave me this idea to try.

An Inductive capacitative link.
Put some electrical tape around your mobile ,sticky side out with a couple of matches in there to give a little room. Wind about 20ft of insulated wire in a coil around that with tape between the layers if it goes multilayered. finnish off with a foot sticking up at the top and now put tape round the outside sticky side in .

Make it so it is removable is the way.

I picked up 1 bar on my USB modem that way

Maybe a small yagi could be made to sit over the phone.
Such an arrangement would be fairly directional,
and not portable, so it would have to be set up nearby and left stationary.
Not much good if you're not in earshot of the ringing sound.

But could be useful if you wanted to call out.

John :)

My local computer man gave me this idea to try.

An Inductive capacitative link.
Put some electrical tape around your mobile ,sticky side out with a couple of matches in there to give a little room. Wind about 20ft of insulated wire in a coil around that with tape between the layers if it goes multilayered. finnish off with a foot sticking up at the top and now put tape round the outside sticky side in .

Make it so it is removable is the way.

I picked up 1 bar on my USB modem that way

that's the kind of stuff i'd like to try....but it's hard because where i live the phone works fine so it's hard to test all these ideas...if you form a ring of tape w/ wire around the phone, how do you open it???? or is it just used for outgoing calls???..even just that would be a big help...thanks...;)

The reason for the match or two is to enable you to slip it off easily.
If its a flip phone then open it first before you form the coil and replace the coil when you use it. If its too hard for you don't try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back