Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cell Phone Chargers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

Two different Cell Phone Chargers.

The original one is ( 5 vdc 550ma ) it has a bad surface mount Transistor of unknown Value and I don't care I just want to switch ends and be done.

The second one my wife purchase for a previous phone she had
it's a ( 5 vdc 700ma )

Anyone think there would be any risk with 150ma increase to the phone ? or is it negligible.

kv

Don't worry the phone will only draw the current it requires. Your charging supply could be rated at 5v 10A the phone would still only draw what it requires.

Just ensure when you change the connector you have the correct polarity.

Last edited:
Don't worry the phone will only draw the current it requires. Your charging supply could be rated at 5v 10A the phone would still only draw what it requires.

Just ensure when you change the connector you have the correct polarity.

Gotcha. ;) Makes sense I just didn't want my daughter to blame me so she could get a new Phone.:p

Thanks for the reply. :D

kv:)

Edit: Worked great savings of $20.00 us. Plus I have another one when or if my wife's charger gives up the Ghost.

Last edited:
It's a kid with a cell phone --- she's gonna find an excuse sooner or later for a newer model ... my daughter's been through 4 phones in less than 2 years while I still use the same one now for roughly 4 years. I'm just glad I don't pay for her nonsense cell phone needs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back