Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cdrom to cdplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvinfgamboa

hi!
i used to have a 16x cdrom as my cdpalyer, without it being connected top the computer.
unfortunately, it was broken and i cannot find any drive of the same kind, so i bought a samsung 52x cdrom.
i tried to configure it the way i did with the first one but it won't wotk.
anybody whoi has an idea?
thanks!

I have the following CD Drive here It has a audio plug on. If you want me to I can test it for you. **broken link removed**

never tried it personnly (I will at the weekend), but from what i've read, you simply disconnect the ide cable, and put the cd in the drive. if you're lucky you'll have the 'skip track' buttons on the front, if you're not, i'm not sure how you would skip tracks, but hey.

yeah, so in summary, just connect it to power, and connect the audio out to your amp/headphones.

um, one other thing, are you trying to listen to it through the headphone jack on the front, or through the audio out on the back?

grrr_arrghh said:
never tried it personnly (I will at the weekend), but from what i've read, you simply disconnect the ide cable, and put the cd in the drive. if you're lucky you'll have the 'skip track' buttons on the front, if you're not, i'm not sure how you would skip tracks, but hey.

There are a number of projects on the net using PIC's to convert a CDROM into a CD Player, the PIC controls the CDROM via the IDE bus and even displays the track time on an LCD.

thank you very much for your advice, but sad to say, i already did those things. i even tried to change the jumper settings, from master, to salve, and even to stand alone but it didn't work. my old player doesn't have a skip button, so when i insert the cd into it, it automatically reads the tracks and when i want to skip tracks, i just press it for a while longer than the usual when i want it to eject. what i am pondering now is that my old drive might be of a different class than the new one. don't you think?
about the pic thing, well, i'm not used to it yet since i haven't taken that subject yet, i'll be taking it by next semester hopefully i pass my subjects now! thanks and hope to hear from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back