Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CDI IGNITION SYSTEM IN ROYAL ENFIELD ELECTRA 350 cc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeril Varghese

Weak spark due to poor voltage output from the exciter coil (Readings around 60 volt) while starting. So, planning to rewind the exciter coil.
Does anybody have any idea about the winding style of exciter coil.

Is it really the coil that's the problem? I would have thought a weak magnet in the flywheel a more likely cause.

Is it really the coil that's the problem? I would have thought a weak magnet in the flywheel a more likely cause.

I am not sure about that.
But when I measure the resistance across the coil its showing a low reading around 40 ohms, whereas in new one it's around 380 ohms. That made me think that the coil is faulty.

Ah, those resistance measurements suggest there's a shorted turn in the coil.

use fibre core spark cable. buy or take cable from any workshop. simplest mod first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back