Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CD4021BC Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Ok i dont own one of these but was looking in my jameco catalog and then looked up the datasheet.

"The CD4021BC is an 8-stage parallel input/serial output shift register."

know that you know that do you think its possible to accomplish this?

Connect 8 switches (buttons(tactile)) to each parallel input and then connect another button to the first 2 then another to the next 2 so it end up like when you press button 1 it will send a clock and a 1.

Button 1 = 00000001
Button 2 = 00000010
button 3 = 00000100
button 255 = 11111111

I know you would need quite a few transistors to accomplish this but would it work?

The advantage is no ADC needed! and uses about 2-3 wires to PIC .

I got the idea looking at my remote controls PCB when it fell on the floor. You might not need any transistor but i would have to think more on how to wire it lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back