Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CCTV Zoom lens control

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdriver

Hello All,

I have a CCTV camera and recently obtained a power zoom lens that I would like to use. I would like to make a small controller to control the lens.

The controls needed would be to Zoom In, Zoom Out, Focus Near and Focus Far.

There are three wires that control the above parameters Blue is Focus, Green is Zoom, White is Common. When a positive 9 volt is applied to the Green and negative connected to common the lens zooms to wide, When reversed the lens zooms to telephoto. Same with the focus with positive on Blue for focus near reversed focus far.

I am somewhat new to electronics but able to solder well. I would like to use two rocker switches to control the lens, one for focus and one for zoom. Could someone help in the design of the controller?

Many Thanks,
Randy

Hello randy,
The use of a common line shared by motors makes a switch circuit complex, is it possible to re-wire the motors so you have a separate pair of wires for each?

What's a problem? Try this circuit. Ofcourse the pushbuttons can replace with rockerswitch.

Attachments

• ZOOM.GIF
    ZOOM.GIF
    2.5 KB · Views: 737
Of course a centre tapped transformer, I must be getting senility setting in! :oops:

Excellent answer!

I actually made a small controller but had to use two separate power sources because I couldn't figure how to reverse the polarity. I will be running to my local electronics shop Monday AM for the center tapped transformer.

Thank you very much for the help!

Randy

Very nice Sebi,

Rocker switches would be much better,
because
a rocker switch won't close on both sides at once.

John :)

Boom !

Reverse the polarity of that lower capacitor !

Do you need the caps if the supply is only for a motor?

Thanks Mechie! I've made correction, but right, the condensers not absolutely needed for motor. In this case the trafo 2*9V AC type.

Re: Boom !

mechie said:
Reverse the polarity of that lower capacitor !

Do you need the caps if the supply is only for a motor?

I guess this is moot, since the caps aren't needed, but the polarities are OK as shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back