Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cctv Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

angler

I wonder if anybody can help me with a problem i have got with a cctv system i have a very small cctv camera and handheld reciver the range is stated as 100meters at clear line of sight i want to increase this range as i need to mount the camera on a model boat i have tried this system out and it does not really meet the range i require the camera itself is powered by 7.5 volts and the only leads on the camera are power in and the small rubber arial out the back i wonder if there is any electronic device i can get or make that will increase the transmission range of the camera it runs on 2.4ghz the unit would have to be small and self powered so that it picks up the signal from the camera and sends it back to my reciever at an increased wattage thus increasing the range i can take the boat out withought loss of signal i would welcome any advice given.
Thank you.

If you make a complicated (microwave frequency) receiver and use it to drive a transmitter then the receiver will pickup the output from the transmitter and make feedback signals.

It is illegal to increase the power because millions of people have low power radio links on this frequency and more power from yours will cause interference to many others.

If you add a directional 2.4GHz antenna to your receiver and point it at the little transmitter then the range will be much farther.
Look in Google for Pringles Can Antenna. It focusses the signal so that it acts like boosting the power 16 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back