ccd scanner programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

hani_a

Hello kind people out there,

First of all, I really appreciate your willingness to help.

As for my project, I'm trying to program the scanner via a microcontroller using "c". I'm also using the UART to connect to the microcontroller and I have established a direct connection with the scanner. In other words, I give it instructions and I do notice that on some the scanner's behavior changes. For example, on some commands you notice the flashing LEDs remaining lit, or sometimes they remain lit and blink at a much slower rate than the original rate. Now my questions to you are:
1) I have currently tried to have the scanner buz, so I give it the following command in c:
.. (1200 buad rate, 8n1) all set ..

while(1) {

putchar(0x1b);
putchar(0x54);
putchar(0x0d);

}

do you think that i don't see the response i expect because the buz should last for only 150ms? in other words, should i send the signal in the while loop 5 or ten times to expect a response??

2) The output signal of my microcontroller is 0 & 5V. I assume, but not 100% confident that it's a TTL signal. Since the scanner requires invert TTL, i have tried to send the scanner the invert logic of <0x1b, 0x54, 0x0d>, in other words, i've flipped the bit pattern making the 0's 1's and the 1's zeros to obtain <e4, ab, f2> do you think that's correct? ( i haven't tried that yet!)

3) Since the microcontroller submits the data packet beginning with the lsb, i have also tried to submit the signal as: <4f, d5, 27>, but w/no response.

Thanks in advance and again, thanks a million for your time!

Hani A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…