Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cat repellent

Status
Not open for further replies.

filbert

i have a problem with neighbour's cats in my flower and vegetable gardens. have tried commercial repellents with no success. would appreciate if anyone has schematics and component list for a high frequency device to repel them.

Hi filbert,

A passive infra red sensor working a water spray
should do the job.
You can buy a 'yard light' that has an attached sensor
quite cheaply, replace the lamp with a solenoid valve
to give a little shower. Reduce the time adjuster to
minimum.
No chemicals, no fuss, they will soon avoid that area.

Regards, John :)

Feline nasty

Homo Sap's hearing tops out at about 20k IIRC, dogs about 40k and cats a heady 60 to 100Khz. You could build an ultrasonic generator triggered by an intrusion into your patch.

There are other methods but t'owd lass is watching me at the moment. Oh and she say's it's illegal (UK) to throw water over cats apparently the RSPCA will get all het up if ya do.

I doubt it's illegal to water your lawn... if the can happens to "get in the way" of the water... it's the stupid cats fault... It's not like the cats going to report you... and if the owner is watching the cat than they should see to it that it doesn't go on others property.

In the city where I live, cats that are off their owner's property have the same rights (and hazards) as wild animals. I had one that was crapping in my flower beds, and contemplated making a trap and taking it to the animal control facility. I think my wife solved the problem by sprinkling baby oil on the flower bed, which cats apparently hate.

Cat Problem

I have also posted a similar request. I have just found an Ultrasonic Dog Whistle.See below. I beleive dogs are sensitive to 40k and cats 60 to 100k

**broken link removed**

I will try this one after the Christmas break.

Regards & Happy Christmas

Did you think of getting a dog?
Marry Xmass everyone...

There should be dog scent?
If so, just spray it aroud your house. Cats are not dummy to get close.
Sometimes the stupid solution is the one that works better! :wink:

Nilo

Nilo said:
There should be dog scent?
If so, just spray it aroud your house. Cats are not dummy to get close.
Sometimes the stupid solution is the one that works better! :wink:

Nilo

Cats mark their territory, zoo's and safari parks in the UK sell off lion droppings - apparently placing these around your property keeps other cats away.

His original objective was to rid cats poopin' in his yard. Placing lion poop in your garden is just as bad as using your garden as a loo. Your doing the cats job for it !!

put a commercial ultrasonic repeller in next door's garden. All the cats will go to see what it is and stay off your patch
(I cant find a sarky buggre emoticon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back