Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Carbon sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphacat

Hey.

I'm using a formula to calculate the carbon footprint of electric appliances.
The formula uses the watt consumption of the appliance to compute its carbon footprint.

Assuming that I'm connecting a carbon filter to the appliance, and would like to see what is the carbon footprint's degredation caused by that filter,
How do i sense the remained carbon footprint?

Thank you.

Hey.

I'm using a formula to calculate the carbon footprint of electric appliances.
The formula uses the watt consumption of the appliance to compute its carbon footprint.

Assuming that I'm connecting a carbon filter to the appliance, and would like to see what is the carbon footprint's degredation caused by that filter,
How do i sense the remained carbon footprint?

Thank you.

Huh? Carbon filter? Maybe something just got lost in translation, because everything you said about how you were doing it was correct, but then you asked this which made no sense.

Please look up what carbon footprint actually means and then think about where all the carbon is actually located (Hint: Where is the oil and coal actually burned to produce the power? Hopefully not anywhere near your house!)
Carbon footprint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Oh, sorry, i'm new to this field.

Each product emits greenhouse gass.
If you use a carbon filter for this product, then it prevents all this greenhouse gass emission (emitted by the product) from reaching the room.

My question is, how do you sense how much gass eventually (when using the carbon filter) reached the room beacuse of this product?

I hope I was correct this time when describing the issue.
Thank you again.

Last edited:
THe appliances don't emit green house gas. The carbon is in the carbon dioxide that is produced when you burn fossil fuels to produce the electricity at the power plant.

Last edited:
I see, thank you for the correction again.

So these carbon filters are placed where the fossil fuel is burned to produce power.
So if you put there a carbon filter, and you wanna know how much this carbon filter really helps, then how do you measure the amount of greenhouse gass at the filter's output?

THey don't filter out the C02. THey just dump it into the air. THe only place they remove C02 from the air is submarines or spacecraft.

You "measure" greenhouse emissions by measuring how much energy the appliance consumes. You then adjust that for inefficiency in transmission and generation, and calculate how much coal or oil it would take to burn to make that amount of energy. Then you calculate how much CO2 burning that much coal or oil would produce.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back