Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

car wash with arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

sotisanis

Hello. my name is sotiris and i am from greece,i study in university of automation and i must take a project. i will make a car wash with arduino mega, and i will make a scada system with visual basic. i will help me with this project because i cant a similar project.

Thank you!!!!

You need to tell us what you can do... A car wash cycle is much like a washing machine cycle. Can you program the Arduino? Can you program VB? For the Arduino I suggest reading reading...These tutorials.. Specifically the serial routines and Xbee routines. Then read this VB2010 serial example

This should help you

First thank you for your answer.
my project include: 1. the car insert in the tunel, after the limit switch on and the motor of belt conveyor start, after the 2 limit switch on and the start the pump of water. after the 3 limit switch start and the 3 brushes start. also start the up/down motor and the left/right motor (in this i dont know if i put Distance Sensors, or touch switch or laser switch). after the 4 limit switch on and 3 brushes stop and the up/down motor stop also the left right motor. after the 5 sec start the pump of water and on for 10 sec. after the 5 limit switch on and start the motor air.
all the motor and pump used relay and the motor up/down and left/right used h-bridge.
all the motor is dc motor.
but i cant yet program arduino because i dont good this program.

(sory for language but i dont know very good english)
also i cant yet program vb because i dont create the program for arduino.
Thank you very very much.!!!!

This is indeed a mighty task for a non programmer doing his first project... The Arduino is programmed using the C++ language via a java based GUI... but can also be programmed with hex files produced by other compilers / assemblers... it is first and foremost a Atmel MEGA328. Another board you may want to look at is .netmf (GHI Fez) These can be programmed with C# (exactly the same as programming C# in windows) this way you only need to learn one language. If you stay with C++ for the Arduino and VB for the GUI then it will be hard work

Last edited:
my teacher said me. we must not Another board, we create the program with only arduino. do you have the similar code for this project?!!

No! Not really, I've been playing with the MAX32 ( same format ). How much C++ do you know? enough to get by?

I suggest you play with the thing first and try some easier tasks first.... then build up to the big project... I have an Arduino datalogger and one connected to a TV.

I have made a steam room / mud bath controller before, controlling heaters, lights, heated seats, shower etc... through a 30 minute cycle (I used a pic18f4520) using C.

the one idea is create the up down motor with analog apostasiometer, but the problem is, i don't know create previews condition because in the first apostasiometer to car is ex. 5cm and the second apostasiometer is 10 cm and the third apostasiometer is 6 cm and the 4 apostasiometer is 6 cm. how know the analog apostasiometer know who is the previews condition. because the motor maybe must up or down. sory for the language but i dont know very good english.

I use a similar product.. **broken link removed**.. The problem with these things is that they are not really directional... there is about a 45 degree sensing range.. I am looking into infrared type now...

The range finder's output volage is proportional to the distance... On the arduino the range finders can be connected to the analogue inputs.

As the car proceeds through do you want a series of operations?

Attachments

• carwash.png
    carwash.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 563
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back