Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car stereo amplifier question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brodin

I have an old stereo amplifier on 2 x 30 W. It is a pioneer GM-41A.

I am using it to power a subwoofer and i am just using one channel on the amp. Can i use both the channels of the amplifier for the subwoofer? How do i connect it then? Lets say i feed both low level inputs on the amp, with the same signal. Then i should be able to connect both the output channels parallel on the speeker, or will that damage the amp?

brodin said:
I have an old stereo amplifier on 2 x 30 W. It is a pioneer GM-41A.

I am using it to power a subwoofer and i am just using one channel on the amp. Can i use both the channels of the amplifier for the subwoofer? How do i connect it then? Lets say i feed both low level inputs on the amp, with the same signal. Then i should be able to connect both the output channels parallel on the speeker, or will that damage the amp?

If the amplifier is 2x30W (which probably means only 2x15W RMS really) the output stages will be bridged - which means you can't bridge the two channels together.

Simply paralleling them isn't a good idea, and wouldn't provide any more power into the same impedance - to get more power you would probably have to use two speakers, so you may as well just connect one to each channel.

did you know about Dual Voice Coil Subb's?

Attachments

• dualcoil.jpg
    dualcoil.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 882
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back