Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

car radio cassette delco with EQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again
I am trying to fix some problem , on Radio Delco , I was sorprissed because the radio is able to tune 50khz steps on FM and 9khz steps on Am so it means I don't need to modify the PLL for Europe frequencies broadband. I need to fix problem on Audio Amplifier because the rear speaker made sound , then replaced the capacitors suronding it and now they are muted problably IC defect or more capacitors .

I will be glad with Schematics , it is hard to find information and IC's so on.

yes It is an. original radio but on my experience fixing problem , FORD Europe used to install Grundig onto cars so one occasion requested to Grundig and they gave me schematics and IC PLL . Sanyo too. but I can no find any web for Delco electronics ...maybe it was bought .

yes It is an. original radio but on my experience fixing problem , FORD Europe used to install Grundig onto cars so one occasion requested to Grundig and they gave me schematics and IC PLL . Sanyo too. but I can no find any web for Delco electronics ...maybe it was bought .

Can't say I ever saw any Grundig radios in Ford cars?, and of course Grundig went bust a fair few years ago now. At one time Ford used radios laballed Ford and made in Brazil, never had a clue who the manufacturer was though.

"It" doesn;t have a model #. Those schematics of yesteryear were sold in books like Ryder's manuals. Check samsphotofact first.

Some had high impeadance speaker outputs like 20-30 or 40ohms.

On a car radio? they are pretty universally 4 ohms, so as to gat the maximum power (about 4W, or 16W for bridged).

Even the antique valve ones didn't use high impedance speakers, not the very few early transistor ones with output transformers.

As this model has FM and PLL, it's certainly not one of those antique designs, assuming any ever used such high impedance speakers?.

I use to work for this compny. They may be able to help you, as they use to repair both GM & Ford in dash auto radios, but you may have to send the radio to them for repair, or receive a swap replacement radio assembly. I am not sure if they are still doing the repairs for the older GM auto radio models anymore; and as to whether any parts would still be available for them. You will need to check with them. Please note that this is also a USA company. See the links below for their websites.

www.electrasound.com/index.html
www.techni-car.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back