Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car PC Power Supply Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobtech+

Can anyone help me build a Computer Power Supply unit for my Car. I'm planning to use my desktop computer in my car without using expensive inverters.

noobtech+ said:
Can anyone help me build a Computer Power Supply unit for my Car. I'm planning to use my desktop computer in my car without using expensive inverters.

Basically you do need an inverter! - it doesn't have to generate mains though, you can build an inverter that generates all the voltages required by the PC.

There are a number of examples already on the net, mostly for in-car MP3 players.

Here's a scan of a hand drawn circuit which I downloaded from somewhere ages ago!.

Attachments

• yammps01.gif
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,272
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back