Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

car lcd screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsturb

i was wondering if theres anyone out there with experience on lcd screens, i pulled apart a addzest brand car lcd tv as it was fried, but was wondering if i can hook just the lcd screen up? or even where to get a data sheet TFD60W02-A is the part number.
also looking closely at the connector on its pcb is has the labels:

IL GND
IL PWR (hooked up to 12v + IL GND and turns backlight on)
ILL (dont know if this is for illumination of buttons or not)
ACC 5V
IR SIG (ir signal for remote?)
TILT (tilt button on top of screen)
OP/CLS (open close button)
SW GND (gnd for buttons)
P-CH (channel button)
FUNC (function button)
-5V
LCD GND
SV
13V
23V
VCOM
BLUE
GREEN
RED
VSYN
POLC
VD
HD

and was just wondering if its possible to to hook up to a 15 pin vga connector on a computer or to an a/v signal?
any help on this subject would be great as it seems a waste not to be able to use again,
thanks
Kane

It's unlikely you could use it as VGA, because VGA runs at a totally different speed to TV - only if it was designed as an exceptionally wide range VGA monitor would it cover standard TV as well (very few monitors do!).

It's obvious got RGB inputs (clearly marked as such), and it's possible that VCOM may be a composite video input. You will have to experiment, if you have the rest of the parts from the TV, this could help you work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back