Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car battery hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! That's pretty well done. I guess the guy got tired of all those other battery videos. Love the sarcasm/humor. :D

Last edited:
I wonder how long it takes before somone is dumb enough to actually try it....:rolleyes:

"Chuck Norris on crack" lol.

that was a great vid. :D Thanks oznog!

I like the unicorn, my cat chased it around the kitchen for hours.

I like the I O U one battery. FRIENDLY HACK.

maybe the aa batteries were in parallel for current?

Edit: :rolleyes: ^sarcasm^

Last edited:
A car battery is made up of Grids comprised of Lead. on those lead grids are special chemicals that the Battery makers keep secret, but composing of it is MUD! Mud mixed with the "special chemical" that is mixed up and is set on the grids, that then gets your car going. Car batteries sometimes can be up to 300aH I have seen somewhere. The "acid" is 1 part sulphuric acid and 2 parts water.

**broken link removed**

Its not too secret, its just a simple redox reaction, and the special chemical isn't what gets your car going, its just the salt bridge that lets the redox reaction occur, the starter motor is what gets your car going ;) .

(reaction is Pb(s) + PbO[sub][/sub]2 + 2 H[sup]+1[/sup] + 2 HSO[sub]4[/sub][sup]-1[/sup] ---> 2 PbSO[sub]4[/sub] + 2 H[sub]2[/sub]O)

Edit whoops, that does not work on this forum: Pb(s) + PbO2 + 2 H+1 + 2 HSO4-1 ===> 2 PbSO4 + 2 H2O

Last edited:
many would have observed the CAUTION at the end ofthe video, that it is only for entertainment and advised NOT to open car batteries!!

this part takes off their responsibility and well it is no more than FUN.

You'd have to be pretty clueless to think this was real, the warning it only for legal reasons in case some moron tries to sue because they burnt their face off opening up a car battery.

marks256 said:
maybe the aa batteries were in parallel for current?
Hayrettin Demir said:
No , I think not.
Krummy said:
A car battery is made up of Grids comprised of Lead. on those lead grids are special chemicals that the Battery makers keep secret, but composing of it is MUD! Mud mixed with the "special chemical" that is mixed up and is set on the grids, that then gets your car going. Car batteries sometimes can be up to 300aH I have seen somewhere. The "acid" is 1 part sulphuric acid and 2 parts water.

Do any of you by chance know what SARCASM is?

I know how a car battery works. I see them smashed open at junk yards all the time(in the battery recycling bins)! Personally, i think that the tractor batteries look cooler, though...

Last edited:
Marks256 said:
Personally, i think that the tractor batteries look cooler, though...

You mean inside? They look about the same as car batterys on the outside. Atleast the all the ones I have do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back