Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitve touch board

Status
Not open for further replies.

schu4647

I have designed a cap touch board that will allow anyone to add cap touch to their project. A digital IO transitions on a touch. Please support my project if you would like one.

I know of a group project that might use it.
We need more info????

It is a single capacitive touch point. The board gets glued onto glass, plastic or wood with a 2 way tape or PSA. The connector then has VCC, VSS and digital out. The digital out would go to the input of your circuit and it is low when there is no touch and high when there is a touch. It has an auto recalibrate after 60s of a stuck button and it will drift to compensate for small environment changes like temperature. On some AA batteries it will last around 6 monts. You can buy multiple to have multiple touch points on your design. A single 0603 cap adjusts sensitivity.

This thread sounds more like it should be in the Buy,Sell,Trade section.

What is the cost? Dimensions? Pictures? Warranty?

John

I apoligize, I didn't see that section. I design consumer electronics for a living and for once I wanted to try and make myself some money, with my ideas, rather than my company. The cost is 10 dollars, It is around teh size of a quarter. The kickstarter campaign includes a video and pictures. There is no warranty. This is really intended to be a quick way for people to add and learn about cap touch. It will include documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back