Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor, or not ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphydog

Can anyone out there tell me if the following motor requires a capacitor :

Reliance Electric I.D. # E77X7112M-PN If it does need a capacitor, which P/N should I ask for ?

It's 120 volt used to drive a gearbox. It has 3 wires coming out of it, labeled T1, T2, T3. I'd like to get it working, but searching on the internet
didn't do me any good at all.

Thanks to all, for taking time to help me !!!!!!! :)

OK, here it is:
Reliance Duty Master A-C Motor
Ident No. E77X7112M-PN
FR : FM56P
TYPE: CS
PH: 1
HP: 1/2
RPM: 1725
VOLTS: 115
AMPS: 8.0
HZ: 60
SF: 1.00
TIME RATING: Cont.
INS. CLASS: B
INS. TYPE: --------
AMB DEG C: .40
NEMA DESIGN: --------
CODE: J

unlabeled box on data plate: TE

Reliance Elec. Co., Cleveland, Ohio

I'm guessing "Type: CS" translates to Capacitor Start, but beyond that I've also come up empty searching for any info. Guess we will need to wait for the motor experts.

If you have an ohmmeter, it might be helpful for you to measure the resistance between T1-T2, T1-T3, and T2-T3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back