Capacitor leakage tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi all:
I was looking for a 'modern' HV cap leakage tester that can handle Tube voltage leakage tests etc.
I came across this:
**broken link removed**

It appears to have the ability to do the testing but the description is a bit brief.
Does anyone have any experience with it? Or have access to more info about it?

Considering it runs of 4, AA batteries, I am a bit Doubtful it actually produces up to 1000 Volts for Capacitor Leakage Tests. At least not at any significant currents.

I have a Sencore "LC102 that Actually does produce these High Voltages at reasonable currents for these tests.
but Origionally it was almost 70 times more money.

I can see that, using a photo flash transformer, the meter can generate 200V and 1000V at very low current. 1 watt,

The meter claims it can generate 2A at 6V for power transistor testing. Maybe for 1mS. Not for any length of time. 12 watts?

You can use a megger to test hv caps, however you'll get resistance readings not leakage current.
If your only doing this the odd time then you could put a ordinary mutimeter bewteen a megger and the cap under test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…