Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

capacitor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillypig

hi all
i have a circuit i will be reproducing this week it is a 8 led sequencer with sound activation ( led disco lights ) the capacitors on the board are poloyester film the green ones can i use any other capacitors Ie ceramic or epoxy ??

thanks for any help

marko

Last edited:
Green caps are Oriental polyester film capacitors coated in epoxy. They have a tolerence of 5% (J) to 20% (M).

Ceramic capacitors can have a tolerence of 100% or more so you don't know their value. Their value changes with voltage and temperature. The location of the Moon and ghosts affect them. They are microphonic (they make a sound when vibrated).

I use 5% European polyester film capacitors encased in a small plastic box so I don't know what is an epoxy capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back