Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

capacitor bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaram

If I charge a capacitor banksay at 10v and discharge in parallel. Do I get 30v output or the 10v output with just a larger current?

Thanks

If I charge a capacitor banksay at 10v and discharge in parallel. Do I get 30v output or the 10v output with just a larger current?

Thanks
What!
Charge in parallel or series?
Discharge in parallel or series?
How many capacitors "capacitor bank"?

charge parallel discharge parallel. lets say 3 capacitors. I simply asking out of interest whether the output is equal to the sum of all the individual voltages or not. sorry for my ignorance I cant seem to figure this out

I think you skipped a part. I'll assume you meant a capacitor bank of 3 caps (judging by your math). Anyway, if you charge them in parallel and discharge them in parallel, you should get 10v across them. If you discharge them in series, you will theoretically get 30 volts.

EDIT: You posted while I was typing this out :D Hopefully it answers your question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back