Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't view Articles if not a member

Status
Not open for further replies.

crutschow

Most Helpful Member
I have a number of circuit designs I have posted in the Articles section.
I just realized that those apparently cannot be accessed if you are not a member of ETO.
This is annoying to me because I often reference these designs to people who are not members of ETO, but they can't view them.

I can certainly understand that you need to be a member to post on ETO, but I see no good reason that you can't view Articles on the site if not a member.

Can someone explain the rationale to me for this irrational limit?

Wally

Yeah, I was accessing the reverse-polarity PMOS article on my phone and I had to login which was a PITA because my entering emails and passwords with a touchscreen is far from ideal.

I though this issue was previously corrected but it still appears to be a problem.
Can anyone explain this?

Confirmed, looking with another browser that's not got my login info, only the first few lines of an article are visible.

I have a number of circuit designs I have posted in the Articles section.
I just realized that those apparently cannot be accessed if you are not a member of ETO.
This is annoying to me because I often reference these designs to people who are not members of ETO, but they can't view them.

I can certainly understand that you need to be a member to posts on ETO, but I see no good reason that you can't view Articles on the site if not a member.

Can someone explain the rationale to me for this irrational limit?

Wally
In so many forums you have no access to attachments to post if you are not a logged in member. Maybe here they planned to be the same. ¿?

I can understand having to log in to post to the forum, but I see no reason for that if you are just looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back