Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't identify a component

Status
Not open for further replies.

ho11ywood885

I need help identifying a component which I believe is a capacitor. It's from an old 90's Tiger LCD game which is powered by two AA batteries. Any hrlp identifying it and what z modern replacement would work would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210407-161907_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210407-161907_Gallery.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 203
That's a 33 millihenry inductor. Why do you think it needs to be replaced?

Inductors rarely fail, and they're a pretty basic components. There is no more modern equivalent.

edit: corrected value.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, I am just a starting electronic hobbiest and am not too adept at identifying components. That's good news for me, if these things don't fail too often I will just clean up the corrosion, attach new power leads (and maybe new speaker leads) button it up and see if it works. At least now I know what I need to replace if it comes to that.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back