Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't get the pic to erase... ?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertD

Hi there folks, I can't get the pic to erase. I use MPLab, with pickit2, I erased a few times, but now it doesn't erase anymore I get this message:

PK2Error0027: Failed verify (Address = 0x0 - Expected Value 0x1487 - Value Read 0x3FC0)

or This:

PK2Error0027: Failed verify (Address = 0x0 - Expected Value 0x3FFF - Value Read 0x3FE0)

I don't understand why the PIC doesn't erase.

Last edited:
How long is the delay if I put 255 in timer1 and 255 in timer2 for a delay loop? Because I can't see any on/off of the LED.

When I erase the pic and read the registers, I read 18h in STATUS, 20h in TRISA, and 2h in TXSTA... no matter what I do, I can't get B'00000000' in TRISA, or 00010000 in PORTA. It doesn't program.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Bill, I've posted the code on the other thread. Probably because I didn't have the config and fuses set properly. I'll try with Mike's code, and see what happens.

You're assuming it's the 18F1320 acting up...? The MPLAB was reading the 88 chip, and so was the PICKIT2, at least, that's what my understanding was, of course, I'm just guessing at this point.

:)

In order to erase the 16F88, with a program configured for internal RC and IO, perhaps you need the programmer to have Vpp before Vdd. JUNEBUG has this facility, if you would have wired the MOSFETs section. Please study the issue from this angle and I am sure that you would succeed erasing the chip

Last edited:
I think the problem was that I did not have any config fuses set up, neither analog or digital so I did correct the problem in the thread "can anyone tell me what's wrong with this simple program".

Thanks for your help, I'm really blue at this, so I'll make a lot of beginner mistakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back