Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't figure out resistor - Trying to fix TV's power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattisin

Yes, another resistor question. I'll try to post clear pictures and all info.
I can't seem to figure it out and since they are both blown I can't test them.

The 2 resistors that blew are from a

TCL Power Supply 08-P301W0L-PW200AB​

I also took a picture of the 2 blown resistors. The color code seems to be Blue - Gray - Silver - Gold - Green, but that doesn't make sense. I believe they are 1W, maybe 2W.
Any help is appreciated.
245028304_238172758331417_5222512816639007708_n.jpg

012973.jpg

Measure the ones a couple of inches to the right, and prorate if only the first band is different color.
But replacing them will not fix it. They exploded for a reason to be diagnosed, found and fixed.
Can be 68 x 0.01 Ohms at 5% tolerance and a 5 = 20ppm/Kelvin thermal rating, or fire rating. (Watts is left to guess = typical:rolleyes: )

Last edited:
Measure the ones a couple of inches to the right, and prorate if only the first band is different color.
But replacing them will not fix it. They exploded for a reason to be diagnosed, found and fixed.
Can be 68 x 0.01 Ohms at 5% tolerance and a 5 = 20ppm/Kelvin thermal rating, or fire rating. (Watts is left to guess = typical:rolleyes: )
Great idea. Thanks!
Looks like a 10.9 ohm resistor from testing and colors. I think the silver color is supposed to be white.
So the resistors the blew they should be 68.9 Ohms 5% tolerance.
resist_n.jpg

The transistor under the heatsink right above those two resistors failed, but that has a part number, (MDF13N65B), on it so I'm ok with hunting that down.

Silver as a multiplier is x0.01, so those resistors are 0.68 ohms. Gold band indicates a tolerance of 5%. Final green band would indicate a tempco of 20 ppm/k. But as Externet said, they blew for a reason - might want to start by checking the transistor under the heat sink just above those resistors, or the one just to the right of them.

Last edited:
Its looks very low value resistor and 0.68 ohms, check if both are connected in parallel or not. Replacing the resistor itself may not resolve the issue. the issue may be shorted transistor or some thing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back