Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't even figure out what this resistor should be (please be gentle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylerdprahl

OK I can't even figure out what this resistor is telling me it should read. Here is a pic. It reads about 5 ohms. I am wondering if it needs replaced.

the 1wj on the otherside I assume means it's a 1 watt metal film type, whatever... I'm feeling braindead. Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• 20161002_165614-1.jpg
    20161002_165614-1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 302
check again with probes shorted . If not 0, subtract that from the reading. Looks like a 2Ohm 1W res.

Lol it took me removing it to see the 5.1ohm written on the board side of it. Whoever soldered it in like that deserves an a** whooping lol jk. So I guess it is fine and back to the drawing board for me to try to get this TV working again. I will read a lot and then maybe make a thread eventually. Thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a note, you should never measure a resistor while it's still in the circuit. In order to get an accurate reading you need to desolder at least one leg and measure it that way. Otherwise you're also measuring the resistance of the rest of the circuit in parallel with the resistor under test.

check for slightly bulged caps on DC power regulators, most common failure mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back