Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

canon 540ez flash, Capacitor ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now looking at it as some transistor on the charging board got shorted or fatigued out, and that would be why the entire issue with the flash unit exists.

I would need some help in identifying the components correctly - marked on the board in different coloured squares.

Image1: On my flash unit's board, not all of these are as clearly legible(as in this image of OP's flash unit); they look worn out due to heat from long term usage.*

View attachment 66381

Image2: There are the part numbers of the transistors not visible in the image below - this pic is more to ask about what values should show on a healthy transistor. I don't verily suspect any malfunction of these things though, since they look absolutely intact.

View attachment 66382

Thanks.

Good day CalebG, I too have a problem with corrosion in the battery compartment. I removed and cleaned the terminals and pcb board, but some of the tracks were damadged . In repairing the circuit, I totally disconnected wire harness from the hot shoe section and I've been looking to find an image of the section to see where the wires are to be soldered. If you have an image of the hot shoe section that you can show me where the wires go, I'ld appreciate it.
Thanks,

Richwalker4u.

Capacitor faults account for probably 70% of my workload, so it's no surprise. I don't take anything less than 22" monitors as presents now ;)

I have a couple of HP ones that were going to the scrap that simply needed capacitors replaced in their power supplies. I also have a nice Samsung 18" widescreen that I was given for "spares" that only needed the smt fuse replaced on the inverter board. Cosmetically bringing a monitor back to life is, however, sometimes more work than the repair itself, so it's always a balance. Those I'll generally strip and recycle the screens etc.

I hate seeing saveable gear going to the landfill, but these days it's like it's almost mandatory...

rgds

Old thread but a good one....and someone else resurrected it anyway.

Great stuff tunedwolf

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back