Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you identify this component

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class41

Hi, I am trying to find info on what appears to be an 16 pin IC. it is white and marked in blue font "CANDY BIT PARAMIC".
There are no numbers, except for pin idents at '1' and '9'. The black IC2 etc are my additions. This is the first time I have been unsuccessful in Googling component IDs.
The board with these components (there are 5 in total) appears to be a door controller produced by Besam.
I would be very interested if anyone can shed any light on these components, thanks in anticipation.

Attachments

• PA120061.jpg
    PA120061.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
No straight IC (aside from a few ceramic optoisolaters) is ever marked in white, that's a module. The picture is WAY too small to make out any details. Post a much more detailed one.

No straight IC (aside from a few ceramic optoisolaters) is ever marked in white, that's a module. The picture is WAY too small to make out any details. Post a much more detailed one.

Thanks Sceadwian,
try this one for size.

Attachments

• PA120061.jpg
    PA120061.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 188
They look to be a custom module with ceramic plates. I don't recognise the manufacturer logo, but it looks a bit like a crown? Paramic seems to be the brand name.

A quick google found some references to "Paramic Technology" in Israel. It's a weird part for sure!

Last edited:
Class41, I did, I'm sorry, the IC is not ceramic based, as Mr RB stated, it's an IC with ceramic plates, for what reason I'm still trying to fathom...

It looks like early 70's semiconductor tech from before IC's and similar components got more standardized world wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back