Can VB control serial port??

Status
Not open for further replies.

holobean

I heard that VB can control serial ports? how is it done? Can someone point me to the right direction maybe some useful websites? And lets say i want to connect the serial port to the PIC where the PIC has other circuit connected to it making it a small system. So how do u connect the serial port with pic? Do u need some sort of circuit in between? My aim is have a few selection where the user can select to control the system thru the comp. Is this possible with VB? Thanks for helping me out... i know this maybe a silly thing to ask but im seriously killing myself with this project if by the end of the day i dont figure this out somehow. sooo plzz help, atleast give me push start?

The link provided by "DirtyLude" is good .. view the part
" Sending Data From The PC to a Microcontroller"
basicaly it uses the mscomm activex control , and there are lot of help available in this site and web

Thanks guys... your the greatest and i really appreciate the help.. Now i see a bright light at the end of the tunnel.. i might not die after all.. i might just succeed in my project... thanks again.. but if u have more website about this topic.. POST them up... i will keep this sites till i graduate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…