Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can someone help me identify this electronic component

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayad

Hello there
Newbie here. Found this component while cleaning the garage, battery still attached to it. Trying to find out what it is and if I can safely discard.

I first thought maybe a broken keyfob, but keyfobs generally do not have a battery soldered to it.

Thanks to all in advance for helping me.
1650754411780.png
1650754388765.png

I assume you mean the yellow thing. It looks like a small button battery (maybe a cr2032) wrapped in yellow insulation.

I assume you mean the yellow thing. It looks like a small button battery (maybe a cr2032) wrapped in yellow insulation.
Hi RaRay, as my first statement states "Found this component while cleaning the garage, battery still attached to it" the fact the yellow thing is a soldered button battery, that much , even a newbie like me knows. I wouldn't be here on an electronics website asking experts for something as elementary as that. I was wondering what the whole setup was.

Hi RaRay, as my first statement states "Found this component while cleaning the garage, battery still attached to it" the fact the yellow thing is a soldered button battery, that much , even a newbie like me knows. I wouldn't be here on an electronics website asking experts for something as elementary as that. I was wondering what the whole setup was.
I was going to state the same thing as RayRay as you asked about the component not the assembly. To me, it looks like a bell push or something with an LED that lights up when a button is pressed but without seeing under the battey it is hard to tell.

I was going to state the same thing as RayRay as you asked about the component not the assembly. To me, it looks like a bell push or something with an LED that lights up when a button is pressed but without seeing under the battey it is hard to tell.
Miscommunication - he asked the wrong question :D

Presumably it's some sort of remote control or something, I notice it has a timing xtal on it, probably 32KHz.

Miscommunication - he asked the wrong question :D

Presumably it's some sort of remote control or something, I notice it has a timing xtal on it, probably 32KHz.
Rookie error guys. I should have asked what the assembly was. Apologies.

What is the purpose of the SW-200 ? When I looked it up it says ball/tilt switch - something that is used to open or close a circuit when the item is tilted? Would that indicate a remote? I was wondering if it was an older game cartridge/controller by the date 2006 but as you pointed out, it has a single push switch.

Is there a database out there that would identify the DL6J4 (v.1.0) printed on the board? Not sure if it DL6 or DLB

What is the purpose of the SW-200 ? When I looked it up it says ball/tilt switch - something that is used to open or close a circuit when the item is tilted? Would that indicate a remote?
You could remove the battery and take a photo of the rest of the components that are presently concealed? That may help identification.

Remains of a remote control for an electric garage door, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back