Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can mosfet driver supply continuous current of 2Amps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAnkur

Hello

I am using a MOSFET driver circuit to supply power from one section to another section in my design.
I need to pass 2Amps current from one section to another section in my design.
I have selected SI2301 (p-channel mosfet) and SI2302 (n-channel mosfet).
My application is a continuous running application.

For how long can the MOSFET driver circuit supply a continuous current of 2 Amps?

Thanks

Ankur

MOSFET_driver.png

It's rather a puny FET - only rated at 2.8A, so pushing it somewhat - plus R63 won't help switching it fully ON.

You can get really nice little SM 8 pin dual N&P FET's for doing exactly what you're wanting to, and they are mostly far better specified than those two - I use them all the time.

Do you need the logic level inversion that the nfet provides? I mean if you control that output, you could just connect that to the pfet straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back