Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use this IC instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spadez

Hi,

I was told that I should use a 4028 decoder in my circuit. It is designed for a clock, to take commands from a pic and use them to control transistors, to control the digits of the clock.

When I asked specifically, he recommended the CD4028 IC. However, I wasnt ablwe to find that so I brought HCF4028 decoder.

I was under the impression that since they were both PDIP and had 4028 CMOS then I would be ok. Also they are only driving transistors in a room temperature environment, so the specs of the IC dont need to be high.

Can I get away with using the HCF4028 decoder instead, and if so, would it be controlled in exactly the same way (so I wouldnt need to alter my PIC code?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back