Can I use peltier modules as a heater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to ETO, PhysZe!
... I was thinking of a single peltier element to achieve this temperature range, but, as I see from your answers, that might be a difficult and even impossible solution to my problem. ...
I think it could be done, but that remains to be seen.

For starters, perhaps this will help with your design effort(s).

I don´t think a peltier alone will be good enough to get the high temperature. To get the low temp, you need to have a good heatsink on the outside.
To get the high temp, you would want the outside to be isolated or a really poor heatsink, so that the outside is at a high enough temperature that the delta t of the peltier is enough to get you to your 150°C on the inside. My guess is you will need a standalone heater along with the peltier.
Or some vanes or covers on the heatsink, which seems very impractical.

Really, your best opportunity for help would be to start a new thread. The original beginning of this thread is about 9 years old with some chatter a few years ago. Good question and again just start a new fresh thread.

Ron

Thank you so much for your answers! I'll follow Ron's tip and I'll start a new thread on this particular topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…