Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can i get some help???please

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoa

hello ....currently i am doing my final project and i face problem in the motor part.can anyone help me.
**broken link removed**
i found tis website online.can i know how n where can i get the stepper motor?i not sure whether the circuit work or not.
or suggest me other type stepper motor like 5 wire,that can implement in the circuit..
or should i use dc motor or servo motor?
which type of motor easily for control?
please help me...thanks a lotttttt

hoa said:
hello ....currently i am doing my final project and i face problem in the motor part.can anyone help me.
**broken link removed**
i found tis website online.can i know how n where can i get the stepper motor?i not sure whether the circuit work or not.
or suggest me other type stepper motor like 5 wire,that can implement in the circuit..
or should i use dc motor or servo motor?
which type of motor easily for control?
please help me...thanks a lotttttt
How about a stepper from an old 3.5" flopy?;)

that stepper looks like what you would find in a printer. I've gotten a number of them from dead printers. laser printers tend to have more powerful steppers but inkjet are also fine. Look for a 6 or 8 wire stepper (unipolar). don't bother with 4 wire (bipolar) steppers. scanners some times also have a stepper.

lots of other nice parts in printers and scanners.

philba said:
that stepper looks like what you would find in a printer. I've gotten a number of them from dead printers. laser printers tend to have more powerful steppers but inkjet are also fine. Look for a 6 or 8 wire stepper (unipolar). don't bother with 4 wire (bipolar) steppers. scanners some times also have a stepper.

lots of other nice parts in printers and scanners.

if i use a 12v stepper motor do i need added extra component such as resistor or delay before i connect to the schematic as shown?because the voltage may be too high n burn the PIC microcontroller?oh so no need for me follow exactly component in the schematic?then i can just buy a 5 wire stepper motor to replace the 42spm-24dcza?
thxxx.

Connect the microcontroller to a 5V supply. Then connect the stepper motor and the protection diodes to the 12V supply.
Make the 5V supply from the 12V supply with a series resistor and a 5.1V zener diode, or a regulator IC if you want.

audioguru said:
Connect the microcontroller to a 5V supply. Then connect the stepper motor and the protection diodes to the 12V supply.
Make the 5V supply from the 12V supply with a series resistor and a 5.1V zener diode, or a regulator IC if you want.

can u send the schematic for me?
let me have a look....can?
thxxx alot for all the reply
thx

hoa said:
can u send the schematic for me?
let me have a look....can?
The circuit already has a 5V regulator for the PIC. Just use a 12V supply and it will work fine with a 12V motor.

audioguru said:
The circuit already has a 5V regulator for the PIC. Just use a 12V supply and it will work fine with a 12V motor.

i found 2 stepper motor in canon printer.how do i know the step size?
voltage apply?each wire represent ?
can i use the same schematic to build my project like in the website?
**broken link removed**
i mean use the same triac...but change the motor type
the model of stepper motor is QH4-4115....991215 ,,,,5 WIRE
other is MSDS096A51 ,SANKYO,QH4-4183
thx a lot

steppers from my canon printer are 12v so probably yours too, to make the long story short, you can use those motors in that circuit you have posted without changing anything, you only need to rotate the motors without load therefore undervoltage causes no problem

hoa said:
can i use the same schematic to build my project like in the website?
**broken link removed**
i mean use the same triac...
The circuit doesn't use a triac. Do you mean the darlington transistors at the outputs? They must be rated to pass the motor's current.

audioguru said:
The circuit doesn't use a triac. Do you mean the darlington transistors at the outputs? They must be rated to pass the motor's current.

ya sorry is the darlighton trasistor?so mean i need to calculate the value of current? if my stepper motor is 12v 4 wires then how to calculate whether the value of darlighton transistor right or wrong?
sorry for disturb but thanks for ur kind.thanks a lot.
mr penoy balut say it should be ok if dint change anything?

You don't have written spec's for your motor so you will need to measure its max current then use transistors that can pass that much current, or you will have smoke.

i found 2 stepper motor in canon printer.how do i know the step size?
voltage apply?each wire represent ?
the model of stepper motor is QH4-4115....991215 ,,,,5 WIRE
other is MSDS096A51 ,SANKYO,QH4-4183 ,,,4 wire
i cant find the part info.so i also dono the specific of the motor
thx

the 4 wire is a bipolar - you can't use that circuit, it's for unipolar steppers.
**broken link removed**
there are plenty of circuits out there that you can use, you can drive small bipolars wth a microprocessor and an L293D or sn754410. To determine which leads go to which coil, short any two leads. If the stepper becomes harder to turn, those leads are to the same coil. It doesn't really matter which coils you hook up. If the motor runs the wrong direction, switch the leads or invert the sense in software.

the 5 wire is probably unipolar with 4 coils, each with a lead and one lead common to all 4.
**broken link removed**
your circuit will work for this one - it should be pretty obvious how to hook it up. Use a DMM on ohms to determine which is the common - you will get twice the resistance between two coil leads. You will have to figure out the proper order of the coils which means at most 8 permutations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back