Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can i design a digital logic circuit to send out a 5V pulse for a time duration

Status
Not open for further replies.

floriantash

Hi,

I am designing a ciruit which requires me to send out a 5V constant DC voltage out between the start of a 5V pulse and end of a 5V pulse.
The pulse duration is 10ms.

Is there any digital logic circuit that could be used to generate such a pulse.

A 555 timer would produce a chain of pulse for every postive or negative trigger.
But I need a constant 5V DC out of the logic.

Can anyone help with some idea

I appreciate all your help

I am designing a ciruit which requires me to send out a 5V constant DC voltage out between the start of a 5V pulse and end of a 5V pulse.
The pulse duration is 10ms...
If the output is 5V from the start of a 5V input pulse to the end of the 5V input pulse, then the use the pulse itself as the output:D I'm sure that this is not what you meant to say.

I think you are confused on how to use the 555. It can be configured as a "One-shot" multivibrator, so it can be triggered with a short pulse, and it will "stretch" that pulse to a fixed-length duration.

Read on how to do this.

You could also consider using an off the shelf multivibrator such as TI's CD74HCT123E. It's available from Digikey for under a dollar and the data sheet has a simple graph to show you what Resistor and Capacitor to select to set the pulse duration.

Alternatively, using a simple microcontroller to read the input transition and then set the output pulse duration would give you the most flexibility. It's a bit more work upfront, but pays dividends later on.

If you have two separate pulses then you could use them to trigger a flip-flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back