Can i design a digital logic circuit to send out a 5V pulse for a time duration

Status
Not open for further replies.

floriantash

Hi,

I am designing a ciruit which requires me to send out a 5V constant DC voltage out between the start of a 5V pulse and end of a 5V pulse.
The pulse duration is 10ms.

Is there any digital logic circuit that could be used to generate such a pulse.

A 555 timer would produce a chain of pulse for every postive or negative trigger.
But I need a constant 5V DC out of the logic.

Can anyone help with some idea

I appreciate all your help

I am designing a ciruit which requires me to send out a 5V constant DC voltage out between the start of a 5V pulse and end of a 5V pulse.
The pulse duration is 10ms...
If the output is 5V from the start of a 5V input pulse to the end of the 5V input pulse, then the use the pulse itself as the output I'm sure that this is not what you meant to say.

I think you are confused on how to use the 555. It can be configured as a "One-shot" multivibrator, so it can be triggered with a short pulse, and it will "stretch" that pulse to a fixed-length duration.

Read on how to do this.

You could also consider using an off the shelf multivibrator such as TI's CD74HCT123E. It's available from Digikey for under a dollar and the data sheet has a simple graph to show you what Resistor and Capacitor to select to set the pulse duration.

Alternatively, using a simple microcontroller to read the input transition and then set the output pulse duration would give you the most flexibility. It's a bit more work upfront, but pays dividends later on.

If you have two separate pulses then you could use them to trigger a flip-flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…