Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I change my forum name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThermalRunaway

When I originally joined this forum I registered using my real name as the "nickname". I tend to prefer that to be honest. Some time later I forgot my password so I re-registered. Obviously, I couldn't use my real name anymore because it already existed as an account so I chose this one instead.

I don't like nicknames. Can I change mine back to Brian Hoskins? Sorry if that's a real pain in the backside. I know it's a minor issue, but I would appreciate it if you could do this for me!

Thanks,

Brian

Could people please use private messages for this sort of thing?

I'm fed up "Mr Moderator, why did you delete my thread?" topics.

If there were a "contact webmaster" or "contact us" link I would have used that (I did have a look) but since there isn't one, where else would you propose to ask this kind of question? It's ok to say use private message, but let's think that option through for a second. If we assume I don't have prior knowledge of who makes changes to accounts on this forum, how would I know who to private message? As it happens, I don't know who I would contact. The only person I can think of is Nigel, because I know he moderates this forum... but can he make account changes and stuff? Not sure.

Brian.

Electromaster is the person you are looking for. Despite his awesome power, I don't think Nigel can. You know, you have the GOd among insects thing going on.

Yep I thought of him as well but I haven't seen him active for a long time so I wasn't sure. In the absense of any kind of "contact us" option in the forum, I thought this was the most relevant place to ask this kind of question to be honest.

Brian

He's not really active per se. He seems to observe a lot more than he participates.

Well, you can give me your three little green squares and I promise to give them back to you when you come back with your new name. :D

kchriste said:
Well, you can give me your three little green squares and I promise to give them back to you when you come back with your new name. :D

You can have the three squares if you want them to be honest! I'm not too concerned about how many "squares" I've got, but I would like to keep my current account (just change the name of it)

Andy;

I'll ask Ron actually. See how he went about it. Good idea.

Brian

He's got like 4000 posts though... I'm pretty sure he got the name changed. He's not THAT active!

I thought there was an original Ron, and then somebody else joined and there name was like Ronn or R0n, or something like that and it caused confusion. SO the new guy made another account named Roff.

yer so who do you contact then?

I asked Roff and he said that he messaged Electro-Master and asked him to change the account name. I've followed suit and done the same!

Brian

Are you going to keep the same picture as you had before your current one?

Ok I've changed my forum name by registering a new account. The old account remains valid, but will not be used.

A little bit of an inconvenience I know, but I tried asking here as well as contacting the webmaster and I got no response so this was the only way I could do it myself.

Thanks,

Brian

Perhaps you should have in your signature that you are ThermalRunaway.

I am going to agree w/ gramo. ThermalRunaway does sound cooler...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back