Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can chr$(0) be received using mscomm in VB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StupidDum

In ASCII code, 0x0 represent NULL.
The VB code written by my fren could receive any other ASCII, except for chr$(0).
Could any one tell me how to do it?

I am not familar with BASIC (I'm program in C/C++), but ASCII 0 is used to terminate strings (when stored as null-terminated strings), and is often used as EOF (end of file) and EOT (end of transmission). If VB is interpreting ASCII 0 as any of those 3 things then it would appear not to be received.

When you receive the data, are you storing it into a string or a Byte array? You should be using the latter.

Dan East

Exo said:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/comm98/html/vbpronulldisc_comm.asp

THank a lot!!!
A few sentences solve my problem!!!!
I was thinking to re-define the communication protocol that defined by me, because the VB code written by my IT guy couldn't receive NULL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back