Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone tell me what i can to do in COLLEGE project???

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolboy8505

I have think about a month already but can find i have to do what kind of project. So, i come in to ask you all opinion, PLEASE reply me ... I have to get some idea because i get to summit the propose next 3 weeks.... Thank :D all of your HELP :)

We should have another forum for project proposal request. :lol: '
Let me set the first rule.
1) All requests must be accompanied by field of specialization, availability of resources and brief description of capabilities.

As Checkmate said in not so many words, please expand on what you are looking for. I think someone will try to help, but you need to be clear. I could give you some idea for a bliggledee-blob gigimowatzit that is powered by ear wax or cigarette butts, but I think you need to tell us what the professor wants.

Attachments

• bliggledee-blob_gigimowatzit.gif
    bliggledee-blob_gigimowatzit.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,112
Re: Can anyone tell me what i can to do in COLLEGE project??

coolboy8505 said:
I have think about a month already but can find i have to do what kind of project. So, i come in to ask you all opinion, PLEASE reply me ... I have to get some idea because i get to summit the propose next 3 weeks.... Thank :D all of your HELP :)

You might want to fix up your english.

If I were to give you an honest answer, I say make any circuit you want. and to start, go to discovercircuits.com.

If anybody can think of a way to improve the bliggledee-blob gigimowatzit schematic to make it work better, please feel free. OOps, I just realized I drew a PNP transistor instead of an NPN! It will never work like that !:? :oops:
:idea: Maybe if I throw in a chewing gum fuse it will keep it from burning up. Is chewing gum an insulator or conductor?

I was thinking about putting in a variable capacitor with ear wax as the dialectric.
the symbol would look something like this:

Attachments

• waxcap.gif
    waxcap.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 1,073
coolboy8505 said:
I already ask him what i have to do, but he say do what you want... :(
Then ask yourself what you want. Share your ideas and we will comment on whether it's feasible/possible. And please refer to my first rule.

coolboy8505 said:
I already ask him what i have to do, but he say do what you want... :(

Ok, tell me what Audioguru is planning on doing at this very second.

Answer: WE DONT KNOW because we don't have his brain, and we can't use it.

Let's face it, We don't own your brain, so if we don't know what you want to do, how are we supposed to help you?

mstechca said:
Ok, tell me what Audioguru is planning on doing at this very second.
Who me? I'm not going to tell you because I am about to live up to what I am called on other forums, a dirty old man! :lol:

After that, I will look at my 6V Ultra-bright Chaser project, which blinks its LEDs very brightly at 24mA, and see where I can fit-in some transistors (maybe on a daughter board) to make the LED current 100mA. I have another LED blinky project that blinks its single ultra-bright LED at 100mA and it looks like a blue or green strobe-light. At 24mA, my chasers beam across the street at night. At 100mA it will beam way down the street. The LEDs blink in sequence for only about 15ms, so they won't be strained. :lol:

Every day for the last couple of weeks I have been painting parts of the model airplane I won. I have also finalized the bunch of timers circuit that will control it. It uses an electic motor with gears for powering its prop.

Maybe CoolBoy can plan a bunch of timers to control a model airplane instead of using radio control:
1) Full power for about 15 seconds (adjustable with a trimpot) for takeoff.
2) Up elevator for about 1 second at about 10 seconds into its takeoff roll.
3) About half-power (adjusted with PWM) for about 1 minute for a gentle climb.
4) About 1/4 power or less for about 1 minute for cruising.
5) About 1/10th power for about 30 seconds for a gentle descent.
6) Cutoff all power when it hits a tree or me! :lol:

Attachments

• funny_park_schematic.png
    funny_park_schematic.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,069
audioguru, I wanted coolboy to try to answer that.

But you see coolboy, I didn't know what he was doing until he made that post.

My question is simple:

if you don't even have enough interest in the subject to come up with an idea of something you'd like to do... WHY are you an engineering student?

there's many people who are in school for electronics-related majors and yet when they are outside the classroom, they have no personal interest in electronics... I just never understood why you would put yourself through a difficult college major for a profession you don't even find interesting :roll:

I think he went to college to meet girls like I did. When the girls found out that I was an "expert" in stereos then it was difficult to choose them and keep the rest away. He, he. :lol: :lol:

coolboy, maybe you were asking the girls in your class to go out on a date instead of asking them for answers to all sorts of electronic-based questions.

and if you did went on a date, why didn't you ask her for information on electronics, or why didn't you and her split some money to buy electronic books?

Books are good information sources. That's how I learned electronics.

Re: Can anyone tell me what i can to do in COLLEGE project??

[
quote="coolboy8505"]I have think about a month already but can find i have to do what kind of project. So, i come in to ask you all opinion, PLEASE reply me ... I have to get some idea because i get to summit the propose next 3 weeks.... Thank :D all of your HELP :)[/quote
]

You may design and construct an IR receiver circuit to switch on/off any electrical home appliance... thats if your professor will not find it too cheap.

To be honest, I shouldn't pick on this string so much, but I have to pick on someone who's name is "COOLBOY"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back