Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone tell me this???

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past, most semiconductor manufacturers have been very generous with supplying free databooks for their product line. For some manufacturers, such as Signetics, this was often a single book. For others, such as Texas Instruments and Motorola, databooks were often thick and it would take as many as 20 or 30 databooks to comprise the entire product line where one might be devoted to TTL, another to CMOS, another to analog, etc., to the point where National had their analog product line spread over at least three books.

Paper is harder to find these days and nearly all manufacturers supply their "databooks" either on CD or in downloadable form over the Internet. Printing individual datasheets (often available as PDF files) may be your only route and will certainly be the ONLY route in the not-so-distant future because of all these damnable computers in the world.

My suggestion is to keep on the lookout in various places for old copies of databooks. I have never in my life thrown away a databook, finding that the older ones are indespensable for getting information on obsolete devices being used in older equipment. And as I slowly get less and less enchanted with my life-long hobby of electronics because of where it's gone today, you may see notice of where I'm selling everything and giving away what doesn't sell. Be on the lookout!

Dean

or you could download the PDF thats what i do..
you will need the free adobe acrobat reader..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back