Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone tell me how to install the iPhone 4 screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

winni8788

The front screen of my iphone 4 is cratched but it is still in perfect working.:(
I want to replace the front screen by myself.
can anyone tell me?

thanks.

tips for you when your iphone 4 LCD Screen cratches

the tool you will need:
1.1 x iPhone 4 Retina Display
2.1 x White iPhone 4 Front Panel
3.1 x White **broken link removed**
4.1 x White iPhone 4 Home Button
5.1 x White iPhone 4 Digitizer (enables touch function)
6.1 x White iPhone 4 Front Panel Support Frame

Step 1 Opening iPhone
1) Take out two bottom screws (blue arrows)
2) Use suction cup ( place it around the home button) and flip the glass up
3) You will see connectors and numbers. Use the prying tool and lift the number one and number two connector. For the number three connector lift the flap and pull the screen away. ( Red arrows)
Step 2 Removing OLD LCD
1) You will have to unstick your old one from the aluminum tray
2) Remove old front glass reflective material (its like a mirror) and clean off the old adhesive
3) Test fit your new screen ( it lines up with two small plastic nibs and two holes on the tray)
4) Remove the rear plastic and stick it on the tray ( you have to do this right the first step !)
5) When you are done use the old one as you template, and make small folds in the cable connector ( you need it to be folded identically)
Step 3 Replacing front glass
I didn't take pictures because, well its a pretty simple thing procedure, that is very difficult to do correctly. It's like removing the aluminum foil from a Hershey's bar. It's easy to do, but in the process the aluminum foil gets a bit wrinkled
Step 4 Put New iPhone 4 LCD Screen replacement back in

If you want more pics about each step, you can visit the website:
[DIY] Restoring an Iphone ( Front and Back) - MacRumors Forums

the tool you will need:
1.1 x iPhone 4 Retina Display
2.1 x White iPhone 4 Front Panel
3.1 x White **broken link removed**
4.1 x White iPhone 4 Home Button
5.1 x White iPhone 4 Digitizer (enables touch function)
6.1 x White iPhone 4 Front Panel Support Frame

Step 1 Opening iPhone
1) Take out two bottom screws (blue arrows)
2) Use suction cup ( place it around the home button) and flip the glass up
3) You will see connectors and numbers. Use the prying tool and lift the number one and number two connector. For the number three connector lift the flap and pull the screen away. ( Red arrows)
Step 2 Removing OLD LCD
1) You will have to unstick your old one from the aluminum tray
2) Remove old front glass reflective material (its like a mirror) and clean off the old adhesive
3) Test fit your new screen ( it lines up with two small plastic nibs and two holes on the tray)
4) Remove the rear plastic and stick it on the tray ( you have to do this right the first step !)
5) When you are done use the old one as you template, and make small folds in the cable connector ( you need it to be folded identically)
Step 3 Replacing front glass
I didn't take pictures because, well its a pretty simple thing procedure, that is very difficult to do correctly. It's like removing the aluminum foil from a Hershey's bar. It's easy to do, but in the process the aluminum foil gets a bit wrinkled
Step 4 Put New iPhone 4 LCD Screen replacement back in

If you want more pics about each step, you can visit the website:
[DIY] Restoring an Iphone ( Front and Back) - MacRumors Forums

thank you,ASRsteven. it is easier to understand and follow with the pic of each step.
thanks for the detail and tips of each step, or my phone may be ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back