Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone identify a 54 series IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigal_scorpio

Hi to all,

Just tidying up my bits box and came across these ICs!

They are 16 pin dip and bear the numbers 54176174 japan, 42C40P, 1897, 8914HB. They will probably be from the 70s or 80s!

I think they could be 54 Series Logic ICs but am baffled by the numbering system as the 54s usually have some letters immediately after the 54 then the rest of the number.

If anyone knows what they are i would be very happy to find out, I have googled all the numbers on the IC but only come up with a sheet if I remove some of the numbers from the end of the 54xxxxxx and then it seems to be a flip flop of some kind, but the number is making me very uncertain.

Thanks........Al

hi Al,

They look like custom/house codes.

Is there manufacturers logo printed on the body.?

Evening Eric,

No, sorry to say there is nothing else on the chips, except underneath there is a circle pressed into the plastic with a 4, a 454, and a 2 all vertically. But I fear this may be a mould size stamp or like.

Looks like they will remain nameless if even you are stumped by them! ;)

Regards......Al

Maybe it's this!

Hi to all,

They are 16 pin dip and bear the numbers 54176174 japan, 42C40P, 1897, 8914HB. They will probably be from the 70s or 80s!

I think they could be 54 Series Logic ICs but am baffled by the numbering system as the 54s usually have some letters immediately after the 54 then the rest of the number.

If anyone knows what they are i would be very happy to find out, I have googled all the numbers on the IC but only come up with a sheet if I remove some of the numbers from the end of the 54xxxxxx and then it seems to be a flip flop of some kind, but the number is making me very uncertain.

Thanks........Al

Perhaps a Toshiba 4-bit uC. 16 pin dip

I wasn't allowed to post the URL so go to alldatasheet.com and search for TMP42C40

Good Luck
Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back