Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can anyone help me with a countdown timer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dicko44

hi,

i'm wanting to make a timer that counts down from 10 mins on a display, then every time you use the countdown it counts up on another display.

i run some trampolines and i want to time the kids on them for 10 mins, and with the counter that goes up i can see how many people have been on them at the end of the day.

can anyone suggest anything or show me where i can get some good help or diagrams?

thanks ben

Let me see if I undersand what you want, stated in my terms.
You want one timer to start at 10 minutes and count down to O. When it gets to 0 you want to increment another timer that counts up once for each time the first timer counts down to 0. Is this right?
Now I have some questions for you.
Are these timers going be outside in the sunshine? Or they going to be out of the sunshine?
The questions about sunshine are necessary as some digital displays do not show up very good outstide, and especially with the sunshine.
Is there AC power available to run the timers?

dicko44 said:
hi,

i'm wanting to make a timer that counts down from 10 mins on a display, then every time you use the countdown it counts up on another display.

i run some trampolines and
i want to time the kids on them for 10 mins, and with the counter that goes up i can see how many people have been on them at the end of the day.
can anyone suggest anything or show me where i can get some good help or diagrams?

thanks ben

I would rather use a monostable and a up counter. once the monostable is triggered, it sends a pulse to the counter and the period of the monostable can be set to 10mins. CD4026 or CD4033 are good ic for up counters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back