Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone help me find the ADC section on this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakalon

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to locate the ADC section on this board. Would anyone know?

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image6.jpeg

Thank you

The ADC is IC34 in your last photo.
https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/206770/AKM/AK5357.html
You only need to Google the part numbers to find what each function does.

The microphone signals come down the ribbon cable to CN5. They are amplified by the two JRC2100 ICs, which are op-amps. Then the signal goes to IC34. I am fairly sure that there is a big processor on the underside of the board in the area with lots of holes between R20 and C48. That processor will read the signal digitally from IC34.

Here is the underside of the board.

I can't find the ADC. I'm a total noob to electronics and just a little lost. Could you help locate the actual part number on the boards? Sorry, I know I'm asking a lot

image7.jpeg

Its an old 8570 audio codec ic… Cant get that footprint anymore .. The main processor is next to the usb connector is a USB ic. I cant see a "main" processor.
The OP wanted to find the ADC, not the output amplifier.
Quite correct.... I was just admiring your logic....

Diver300 and Jony130 you two are brilliant! Thank you. This board is part of the Zoom H4n, an audio recorder

Here's another board from it.

Attachments

• Zoom H4n_.jpg
    Zoom H4n_.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 140
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    592 KB · Views: 147
It actually contains an ADCs, as well as a DACs, so I'm not sure why the design needs the AKM5357 ADC as well. However, there are lots of possible reasons why separate ICs could be needed.
Two channels for the built-in mics (probably IC34 as it's very close to the preamps) and two more for the XLR mic inputs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back