Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anybody confirm that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willbe

12 oz. of nuclear material can put out 1 therm, assuming all the mass was turned into energy?

It seems like too little energy since 14# of hardwood burning (the heat value) can do the same.

I think the mass to energy conversion ratio is E=MC^2

So the expected theoretical output should be 2.89795e8 Therms!

Their only off by about 289795000 units give or take.

I forgot to square the speed of light. I think 2E-9 pound gives 1 therm.

close enough. ;)
Guess you wont be firing your DIY reactor with wood huh? :D

I would be nice though, to be able to heat my place on about one match book worth of wood every year! :)

Not 1000 -1200 wood pallets, 50000 - 60000 pounds of assorted hard woods. All handled about 5 times over from collection to stacking to cutting and loading the boiler. :eek:

Man that sounds like a lot of work when a person puts the weight numbers to it! :eek: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back