Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can any one help with this project, 24vac

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipercat64

hi all
i'm new here

i hive two waterpumps in my computer system that runs from Koolance control
model that use the 12DC power from pc PSU, this control unit is dead.:(

so i need to make 24VAC power supply.
the waterpumps need 24vac to run.

went to radio shack and pickup power transformer rated at 120vac/ out-25.2 volt ac, 450ma this transformer gets to hot.

what do need to do?
a circuit for 24vac output from 120vac or make a circuit that run from 12DC conver to 24vac.

please help..

Last edited:
Sounds to me that you just need a 24V transformer with a higher secondary current rating. 0.45A@24V is only 10VA. I guessing you need at least 50VA (2A) rating.

Do you know what the rating of the pumps are?

Can you measure the current draw of the pump?

thanks for you reply

i think they are rating at 2A or more possable at 4.5A
i did one test with a transformer rate 120vac/ 50va, but when i put the pumps on it
the 24.4va drop down to 8.99va, this transformer its about 1A or less.

i think i need a transformer rate at 3A to 5A 50va.

The VA rating of a transformer is obtained by multiplying its secondary voltage by its secondary current rating, so if you know its current rating VA=Vsec×Isec.

If you know its VA rating and Vsec, then Isec=VA/Vsec

Sounds to me that each pump requires 4.5A, so two require 9A, so the required VA rating of the transformer is at least either 24Vac@9A or 24Vac@216VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back