Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calling Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was long ago before the politically correctness wimps started inflicting their will on everyone and getting offended so easily

Same way where I worked, in a place doing plastic and rubber molding no less. The purging of the injection machines didn't bother them, but a guy smoking a cigarette 50 feet away was going to kill them from "second hand smoke". :banghead:

I lost faith in humanity when the Irish gave up the right to smoke in Pubs without a fight.
To hear them tell it, there were more people that died from diluted second hand smoke than the ones that smoked 40 cigarettes a day for 50 years.

Instead of addressing real issues that fix broken systems.... snowflakes rather create little drama issues that suit their own sensitive agenda's.
:( :(

snowflakes rather create little drama issues that suit their own sensitive agenda's.
Well, in that case call me a snowflake.

I have never smoked, but grew up in a house where both parents smoked.
I have worked in places where smoking was allowed.

But starting work in the oil/gas industry where smoking is strictly limited, and moving to live in places where the air is cleaner than most, I now hate the smell of tobacco smoke, and the people who smoke it.
Sorry to say it guys, but you stink.

Ever worked on a piece of electronic equipment which belonged to a smoker?
It stinks.
And the deposits of tar and crap all over the circuit boards etc do nothing for its reliability.

JimB

Whoaaa Jim. No one is calling you anything. We were just talking about safety zones and smoking and not pointing fingers

I know plenty people that HATE the smell of tobacco and cigarette smoke. Smoking is a filthy habit.

We were on about poisonous fumes etc.

Nigel also hates cigarettes etc. So, both of you are welcome to bash me to hell lol.

:) :)

Now think about this. We have snowflakes running SA. They take offense to EVERYTHING. Instead of fixing real issues that affect all...they divert attention away from that and start things like banning smoking. They never address or fix the REAL problems here.

The thieving and corruption carries on unabated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back