Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

call using PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can use FBUS or MBUS to talk with nokia. Note that 3310 do not have support for AT command set so you have to encapsulate the commands. You can get more info if you read the source of the GNOKII project.

For some examples on how to communicate with nokia phone check out these sites:

**broken link removed**

I have to note that your choice in uC is terrible, 16F84 is old and expensive and not "available" so please, if you can, choose some successor like 16F628 or 16F88 .. or use Main to select appropriate uC

cannot tell you if siemens c55 support AT set or you have to use some other protocol ... you will have to google it out... the nokia is best explained and gnokii show how most stuff can be done, with regards to other phones, you have to google to command set and you can then use them .. maybe much easier then nokia :)

Hello,
I presume that the nokia F bus is 0-3V and as it was interfaced to a u controller which serial port (again I presume) is 0-3 volts, why was it necessary to use RS 232 xivers? Why did he need the "download" cable?
Regards
Guy

Because, as well as changing 0-5V (or 3V) into -12 to +12 it also invert the signal.

Mike.

I am lost: From the u controller serial you go to a RS232 xiver to level shift 0 5 to -12 +12 and then to another xiver to return to 0 5 then to F bus? Does the "download" cable do all that?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back