Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculating gain in dB.

I am not familiar with the sensitivity of RTL dongles at any frequency, let alone below 500kHz.
However, i suggest that you look at this old post where I showed an amplifier/antenna for 500kHz (ish)

The amplifier does work quite well.

As built it tunes from just below 500kHz to about 1600kHz, it has a modest gain (I have not measured it), but importantly it has a reasonably narrow bandwidth so that it is not overloading the following receiver.

As others have said, you will not get a significant improvement by dunking the amplifier in a bucket of ice or liquid helium!

JimB

JimB, thank you for your time. Oh, that schematic looks perfect for working with. I'll have lots of fun.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back