Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cable tester for the RJ-45 Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

vthabane

Hi,Guys
Please help i can't get my circuit to pulse my Led's before connecting my cable(RJ-45)
Attached is the circuit diagram

Attachments

• multi-wire-cable-tester-with-ic-4011-and-4017.gif
    multi-wire-cable-tester-with-ic-4011-and-4017.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,398
I really hate drawings like that.

Starting with the CD4011BE do you have power connected to it? Pin 7 ground and pin 14 VDD (your 9 volts)? Next the 4011 is a quad nand gate and you are using 1/2 the chip. All unused inputs must go to either power or ground. I suggest ground. So if you are using pins 1&2 and 5&6 then pins 8&9 and 12&13 should be tied to ground. I suggest you review the 4011 data sheet.

Next the 4017 Decade Counter / Divider should have pins 8&13 tied to ground with pin 16 to power. Pin 15 should be tied to pin pin 9 for the count to N and recycle. The clock in from the 4011 should be going to pin 14.

Next they show a hex non inverting buffer the CD4050. Since it is a hex buffer you should be using two of them for eight lines. The power pins are pin 1 VDD and pin 8 is ground.

The 4011 is the clock circuit driving the 4017 counter which drives the 4050 to drive the LEDs. Is that how you have things?

Since you say:

Please help i can't get my circuit to pulse my Led's before connecting my cable(RJ-45)

I'll assume the transmitter LEDs. That correct?

Ron

So is it wired correctly per my last post?Proper pin connections? Unused inputs of the 4011 go somewhere? You have a pair of the 4050 chips?

There isn't much to the circuit and if wired correctly it should work.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back